Are you about to cash a check from an item you sold on the Internet, such as a car, boat, jewelry, etc?
- Is it the result of communicating with someone by email?
- Did it arrive via an overnight delivery service?
- Is it from a business or individual account that is different from the person buying your item or product?
- Is the amount for more than the item’s selling price?
Are you sending money overseas?
- Did you win an international lottery you didn’t enter?
- Have you been asked to pay money to receive an inheritance from another country?
- Are you receiving a commission for accepting money transfers through your bank and/or PayPal account?
DON’T BE A VICTIM OF IDENTITY THEFT!
To report an online crime, go to: www.IC3.gov